Velocity Commercial was formed to provide customized real estate and real estate investment services for institutional and commercial clients in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. Velocity Commercial has become well respected and is one of the regions only minority owned independent real estate brokerages with full service commercial real estate brokerage experience and expertise.
Velocity Commercial along with its strategic partners are active participants in the re-development of Washington, DC. Velocity’s partners and team members have played a major part in re-development projects in the Washington, D.C. Metro, such as the new $850MM Washington Convention Center, $400MM Town Square at Suitland Federal Center a 1-million-square-foot, mixed-use development that will include close to 900 apartments and single family homes, 100,000 square feet of retail space and a 50,000-square-foot performing arts center., $250MM City Vista a mixed-use joint-venture with Lowe Enterprises, $200MM The Villages of Westphalia a mixed-use development and $225MM Cambridge Place a mixed-use re-development of Pepco's former HQ site.
These projects and others like it are indicative of Velocity Real Estates’ capability to partner with local government agencies, other developers, investors and lending sources to provide the necessary insight and planning expertise that our clients have come to expect. Whether it’s a local or regional assignment, the Velocity team of real estate professionals applies experience, intelligence and resources to help our clients make informed real estate decisions.
Select Project Portfolio
The Park @ East Baltimore (Proposed)
- Located in Northeast Baltimore, MD
- Project Size: 28 Million
- 100,000+ sf of workforce development training and manufacturing spaces.
- Powered by resources tied to underserved citizens, middle school, and high school students, as well as manufacturing tenants.
- Key stakeholders: Baltimore City Community College, Virginia Union University, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, Baltimore Housing and Community Development, Maryland Department of Commerce, Maryland Higher Education Commission, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development, South Clifton Park Community Association, New Broadway East Community Association, the Nolita Project, and Visionaries Development Cooperative
Town Square at Suitland Federal Center
- Location: Suitland, Maryland
- Project Budger: $400MM
- 1-million-square-foot, mixed-use development
- 900 apartments and single family/ town homes
- 100,000 square feet of retail space
- 50,000-square-foot performing arts center
Howard Station, Baltimore City (Proposed)
Howard Station is a proposed 358,000 SF mixed-use development
- Location: 300 block of N. Howard Street Downtown Baltimore
- Transit Oriented Development opportunity
- Featuring adaptive reuse of beautiful historic buildings
- 227 market-rate apartment units
- 30,000 square feet of modern office space
- 16,000 square feet of destination restaurants, nightlife, and retail space
- 286-unit structured parking garage
Howard Theatre of Washington, DC
Billingsley Crossing Active Community, Waldorf Maryland (Proposed)